Transparent background for fonts

Hi,
How do I get it so that when I am drawing text to an image's canvas
using TextOut, the background the font is on is transparent?
I have been trying to figure this out for ages, but there doesn't seem
to be any way to do it.

TTFN
Arclight

Web Site:
wkweb5.cableinet.co.uk/daniel.davies/

Re:Transparent background for fonts

In article <38f0a490.20725...@news.cableinet.co.uk>,

daniel.dav...@cableinet.co.uk (Arclight) writes:
>Hi,
>How do I get it so that when I am drawing text to an image's canvas
>using TextOut, the background the font is on is transparent?
>I have been trying to figure this out for ages, but there doesn't seem
>to be any way to do it.

SetBkMode(hdc,TRANSPARENT);

Gordon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Try one get one free Equation Illustrator V equation editor
http://www.mgcsoft.com/betas.htm  :))
http://members.aol.com/delphistuf/delphstf.htm   (Delphi bits and bobs and a
few links)

MGCSoft

"Arclight" <daniel.dav...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi,
> How do I get it so that when I am drawing text to an image's canvas
> using TextOut, the background the font is on is transparent?
> I have been trying to figure this out for ages, but there doesn't seem
> to be any way to do it.

Canvas.Brush.Style := bsClear;

> TTFN
> Arclight

> Web Site:
> wkweb5.cableinet.co.uk/daniel.davies/

Re:Transparent background for fonts

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000 23:35:07 -0400, "Bruce Roberts"

<no.junk.please....@attcanada.net> wrote:

>"Arclight" <daniel.dav...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> How do I get it so that when I am drawing text to an image's canvas
>> using TextOut, the background the font is on is transparent?
>> I have been trying to figure this out for ages, but there doesn't seem
>> to be any way to do it.

>Canvas.Brush.Style := bsClear;

Thanks. I missed that (was looking to hard at the font property to
notice anything else)

TTFN
Arclight

Web Site: