Converting a short filename into it's long filename

Hey all,

I want to be able to take a short filename/path (ie c:\progra~1) and
convert it to it's long filename conterpart (ie. c:\program files). I
figure there is at the very least a Win32 API call, but after diving
into
the help file, I can't find any information on it. I'm using Delphi3, so

if there's any built in functions that handle this, that'd be great, but
don't think that there is (I couldn't find any at least...) If anyone
out
there knows how to do it, please let me know and if you could include an

example (it always helps...).

Many thanks,

-Ross