int 10h routines under win95

Hello, there!

I need some sample code how to use int10h routines under windows 95.
I'm working on a screensaver, but my computer hangs when I'm trying to
flip to 320*200*256 mode...
( asm
        move ax, 13h
        int 10h
end;)

Greetz, Paul Schouten

Re:int 10h routines under win95

Paul Schouten wrote:
> Hello, there!

> I need some sample code how to use int10h routines under windows 95.
> I'm working on a screensaver, but my computer hangs when I'm trying to
> flip to 320*200*256 mode...
> ( asm
>         move ax, 13h
>         int 10h
> end;)

First, where and how are you calling this?  From a Windows program or a DOS
program?  Are you calling this from an interrupt procedure?  If none of these
apply, consider:

Does this happen whether you're running windowed or if you're full-screen
(e.g., you've pressed Alt+Enter to move from a window on the desktop)?  On any
Win95 system I've used, including my own, directly calling int 10h in this
fashion has never been a problem.  The only exception I've found is that
occasionally my video card will do strange things if I hit Alt+Enter when it's
in the process of changing modes.

If you're having problems with this, it could be your video drivers.  Of
course, if you're using TPW and trying to do this . . . don't.  :-)  Graphics
should probably left up to GDI calls.

> Greetz, Paul Schouten

Re:int 10h routines under win95

Paul Schouten heeft geschreven in bericht
<01bd7d15$8fb17980$1b8ef1c3@compaq>...

>Hello, there!

>I need some sample code how to use int10h routines under windows 95.
>I'm working on a screensaver, but my computer hangs when I'm trying to
>flip to 320*200*256 mode...
>( asm
> move ax, 13h
> int 10h