Advanced book for Delphi 2.0?

Hello ppl!
   I've been using Delphi for sometime now, and i consider myself not
an advanced, but certainly an experienced Delphi programmer. I have
started with "Teach yourself Delphi 2 in 21 days", which is good for
starters but not for the advanced programmer. Are you aware of any
book(s) which could help me expertise my knowledge of Delphi 2 ?
For example, such a book would not use more than 10 pages totally to
describe the VCL and things like TLabel's properties, while it would
provide detailed information on Threads, DDE, OLE, windows API, maybe
winsock, and modern programming techniques in general.

   Thanks in advance,
        Costas

--
Costas Kotsokalis
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department

Re:Advanced book for Delphi 2.0?

Constantinos A. Kotsokalis wrote:

> Hello ppl!
>    I've been using Delphi for sometime now, and i consider myself not
> an advanced, but certainly an experienced Delphi programmer. I have
> started with "Teach yourself Delphi 2 in 21 days", which is good for
> starters but not for the advanced programmer. Are you aware of any
> book(s) which could help me expertise my knowledge of Delphi 2 ?
> For example, such a book would not use more than 10 pages totally to
> describe the VCL and things like TLabel's properties, while it would
> provide detailed information on Threads, DDE, OLE, windows API, maybe
> winsock, and modern programming techniques in general.

>    Thanks in advance,
>         Costas

> --
> Costas Kotsokalis
> Electrical & Computer Engineering Department
> National Technical University of Athens
> "According to Einstein, time is relative, so there is no way I can be late."

Take a look at Delphi 2 Unleashed by Charles Calvert, I think you will
find a wealth of information contained in this book.

Regards,
        David B. Putnam
        Computer Designs

Re:Advanced book for Delphi 2.0?

Costas,

I think the best advanced book is "Delphi 2 Developer's Guide" by SAMS
Publishing.
Second in line might be "Dephi 2 Unleashed".

Mark

>snip<
>... Are you aware of any
> book(s) which could help me expertise my knowledge of Delphi 2 ?
> For example, such a book would not use more than 10 pages totally to
> describe the VCL and things like TLabel's properties, while it would
> provide detailed information on Threads, DDE, OLE, windows API, maybe
> winsock, and modern programming techniques in general.

Re:Advanced book for Delphi 2.0?

delphi 2 unleashed by samms publishing
/////////////////////////////////////////////
// Go ahead. Flame me. Make my day.
//
// Rene "Lowlevel" Veerman.
// http://www.xs4all.nl/~lowlevel/index.html
/////////////////////////////////////////////

Re:Advanced book for Delphi 2.0?

As regards advanced Delphi books, I would think that "Kick Ass Delphi
Programming," and "Secrets of Delphi 2.0", would be more advanced than
"Delphi 2 Developer's Guide," and "Delphi 2 Unleashed."  Especially the
"Secrets" book.  Also, specifically on component design, there is a new
book from Addison-Wesley called "Delphi Component Design," which looks
pretty advanced.  (I have a copy, but haven't had a chance to really
look at it.)

For what it is worth, I recommend building a nice collection of Delphi
books.  Sometimes, you will find necessary information in what might
seem the most unlikely place.  For example, the BEST source of
information on the largely undocumented ListView component, is "Delphi
Programming for Dummies, 2nd Edition."  At the very least, I will get
you started....

Other Threads