Control Has No Parent Window

Hi,

I have also posted this in the Win.API newsgroup.

When running my programme I occasionally get the message 'Control Has No
Parent Window' and then the application terminates.

Can anyone tell me what this might mean and what could generate such a
fault.

Cheers

Ian

Re:Control Has No Parent Window

V wrote:

> Hi,

> I have also posted this in the Win.API newsgroup.

> When running my programme I occasionally get the message 'Control Has No
> Parent Window' and then the application terminates.

> Can anyone tell me what this might mean and what could generate such a
> fault.

Sounds like you try to access a component that has the main form as
parent in the main form's create event. I read sth. about that problem a
little while ago in another ng, but I can't remember the exact solution.
Try moving the actions on that component into the OnShow or OnActivate
event.
At least debug the application and look for the place where the
exception occurrs.

Bye, Udo

Re:Control Has No Parent Window

Could you be more specific please
 Jos Jansen
V <systems...@stoneridgepollak.freeserve.co.uk> schreef in berichtnieuws
878m23$nl...@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi,

> I have also posted this in the Win.API newsgroup.

> When running my programme I occasionally get the message 'Control Has No
> Parent Window' and then the application terminates.

> Can anyone tell me what this might mean and what could generate such a
> fault.

> Cheers

> Ian

Other Threads