Oracle: Capability not supported

I am using Oracle 8.1.6 , D5 and BDE 5.11

The table is in the mode of CacheUpdate.
It is OK when I insert record into Table1
using Table1.Insert and then Table1.ApplyUpdates.

A message displays as "Capability not supported"
when I try to Table1.ApplyUpdates. The Table1
is in Edit mode.

Error message also pops up when I try to delete record
in Table1. The Table1 is in Edit Mode.

How can I solve this problem ?

Pls help !

PC Leung

Re:Oracle: Capability not supported

PC,
I think you would be able to find out where the error is by tracing in
SqlMonitor. Be sure your RequestLive is off.

-- Reddy Palle.

"PC Leung" <dle...@ouhk.edu.hk> wrote

> I am using Oracle 8.1.6 , D5 and BDE 5.11
> The table is in the mode of CacheUpdate.
> It is OK when I insert record into Table1
> using Table1.Insert and then Table1.ApplyUpdates.
> A message displays as "Capability not supported"
> when I try to Table1.ApplyUpdates. The Table1
> is in Edit mode.
> Error message also pops up when I try to delete record
> in Table1. The Table1 is in Edit Mode.

Re:Oracle: Capability not supported

I am using a table , not SQL.
Therefore there is no RequestLive.
I have used SqlMonitor but I cannot figure it out.

At the moment of ApplyUpdates, there is no update SQL statement
in the SqlMonitor.

It is OK to insert record but fails to delete and edit record.

The program works with MS SQL.
The problem happens with 8i only.

Any idea ?

Reddy Palle wrote:
> PC,
> I think you would be able to find out where the error is by tracing in
> SqlMonitor. Be sure your RequestLive is off.

> -- Reddy Palle.

> "PC Leung" <dle...@ouhk.edu.hk> wrote
> > I am using Oracle 8.1.6 , D5 and BDE 5.11
> > The table is in the mode of CacheUpdate.
> > It is OK when I insert record into Table1
> > using Table1.Insert and then Table1.ApplyUpdates.
> > A message displays as "Capability not supported"
> > when I try to Table1.ApplyUpdates. The Table1
> > is in Edit mode.
> > Error message also pops up when I try to delete record
> > in Table1. The Table1 is in Edit Mode.

Other Threads