16 bit BDE faster than 32 bit?

Hi,

I just inherited a situation (mess) with a multi user Paradox application.
This application started in Delphi 1 and is currently in Delphi 3.  When the
company released the 32 bit version, many of the customers were disipointed
in the slower performance.  The process of starting up and opening the
tables was significantly slower.  As a result, there is a resistance to
upgrading to the current version.

Is there something I should look for in the way tables are managed?  Is
there any environmental changes I should consider, BDE replacements?  Anyone
else know of this and have any other advise?

Thanks in advance,

Cash

Re:16 bit BDE faster than 32 bit?

my bad...

I've reposted this to ...database.desktop

Other Threads