File not found: SOURCE FILE (*.pas)

I am using Delphi 6 with Win2k Pro.

All components that I have installed that do not have the source file, produce a Fatal Error, such as:

[Fatal Error] File not found: 'C:\Program Files\TurboDB\Windows\libe\Delphi6\TdbDataSet.pas'

On compilation, the source file is being required.

I believe it is something to do with something I did or did not do on the modification of the compilation conditions.

This error has appeared with many vcl components that I have tried to use.

I have done no customization, just a complete default installation of Delphi 6.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Please advise.

Cordially,

Jon Alexander
jal...@hotmail.com

Re:File not found: SOURCE FILE (*.pas)

On 3 Aug 2001 15:07:11 -0700, "Jon Alexander" <jal...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> All components that I have installed that do not have the source file

Right. The .DCU file format has always been and is documented to be
complier-version-dependent. .DCU files created with on version of the
compiler will never work in another version of the compiler. Either
obtain source code for these components (source is much more
portable), or obtain .DCUs created with the same version of the
compiler.
--
Rick Rogers (TeamB); Fenestra Technologies, http://www.fenestra.com/

Re:File not found: SOURCE FILE (*.pas)

Did you delete the dcu files for the component? i.e. 'C:\Program
Files\TurboDB\Windows\libe\Delphi6\TdbDataSet.dcu'.  Put it back (maybe by
reinstalling the component).

BM

"Jon Alexander" <jal...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am using Delphi 6 with Win2k Pro.

> All components that I have installed that do not have the source file,

produce a Fatal Error, such as:

> [Fatal Error] File not found: 'C:\Program

Files\TurboDB\Windows\libe\Delphi6\TdbDataSet.pas'

> On compilation, the source file is being required.

> I believe it is something to do with something I did or did not do on the

modification of the compilation conditions.

> This error has appeared with many vcl components that I have tried to use.

> I have done no customization, just a complete default installation of
Delphi 6.

> Anyone have any suggestions?

> Please advise.

> Cordially,