BDE Error Table level changed

Hi all,

we have this problem:
We try to create an Index on a TTable at Run Time.
This TTable accesses a DBIII+ physical table that contains a BLOB field.

We get the error 'Table level changed'.
We use Delphi 3 c/s, BDE 4, and the alias is configured as Paradox type.

Every simple help is welcome.

Daniele Pascucci

Re:BDE Error Table level changed

You cannot use an alias whose driver type is Paradox to access a dBase
table.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:BDE Error Table level changed

>We try to create an Index on a TTable at Run Time.
>This TTable accesses a DBIII+ physical table that contains a BLOB field.

>We get the error 'Table level changed'.
>We use Delphi 3 c/s, BDE 4, and the alias is configured as Paradox type.

There is no alias type only for Paradox tables.  A Standard Alias type works for
Paradox and dbase tables.  I belive that DBIII tables don't support the type of
index Delphi can use that is why the table needs updating.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads