re-install delphi 4 on new hard drive

Hi,

I just put in a new hard drive and re-installed delphi4.  Everything
works except install shield.  There is a bug in the delphi 4 install for
install shield, does anyone know the work around.  I used to know it but
forgot, I think it has to to with path statements or a config file.

Howard C. Hall
hch...@qwest.net

Re:re-install delphi 4 on new hard drive

"Howard C. Hall" wrote:

> Hi,

> I just put in a new hard drive and re-installed delphi4.  Everything
> works except install shield.  There is a bug in the delphi 4 install for
> install shield, does anyone know the work around.  I used to know it but
> forgot, I think it has to to with path statements or a config file.

> Howard C. Hall
> hch...@qwest.net

Path to your TEMP variable must not contain non-8.3 directories.

Maxim S. Lee AKA Jetteim

Re:re-install delphi 4 on new hard drive

Hi,

Could you elaborate a little more, I haven't a clue as to what non-8.3
directories are.

"Howard C. Hall" wrote:

> Hi,

> Could you elaborate a little more, I haven't a clue as to what non-8.3
> directories are.

Not more than 8 chars for name and 3 for extention. Also, it called
MS-DOS-style names. For example, in W2K, TEMP points to
<....>\<User_name>\TEMP for each user, so, if you are logged as
Administrator, you would have such "non-8.3" dir in your TEMP variable.

Maxim S. Lee AKA Jetteim

Other Threads