D5 Trial hangs...and hangs...and hangs

Hy there,

I had Delphi 5 Enterprise Trial installed on Win98 and it made no problems,
then I had to rebuild my system and installed the same D5ETrial on the new
Win98 but now it makes problems: Every 3 (or so) minutes, the program
doesn't react on my input and doesn't update it's interface (causes white
areas when other app's overlay it). That's around 1 minute. Whithin this
'hanging' no other program is affected, but I have to wait till I can use
Delphi 5 again.

Yesterday, I also installed the C Builder 5 Enterprise Trial and it does the
same thing, so I think it has to be any shared resource of Borland.
Does anybody know this problem or even knows a solution?

P.S.: I uninstalled D5 one time after the reinstallation of Win98. But the
error remained.

Thank you.
-Ben

Re:D5 Trial hangs...and hangs...and hangs

In article <3b691503$1_1@dnews>, As...@astroxys.de says...

> Hy there,

> I had Delphi 5 Enterprise Trial installed on Win98 and it made no problems,
> then I had to rebuild my system and installed the same D5ETrial on the new
> Win98 but now it makes problems: Every 3 (or so) minutes, the program
> doesn't react on my input and doesn't update it's interface (causes white
> areas when other app's overlay it). That's around 1 minute. Whithin this
> 'hanging' no other program is affected, but I have to wait till I can use
> Delphi 5 again.

> Yesterday, I also installed the C Builder 5 Enterprise Trial and it does the
> same thing, so I think it has to be any shared resource of Borland.
> Does anybody know this problem or even knows a solution?

> P.S.: I uninstalled D5 one time after the reinstallation of Win98. But the
> error remained.

> Thank you.
> -Ben

Hi Ben. Just for fun, try dropping your video acceleration and see if
matters improve. By default, Win9x sets up with video acceleration set to
the maximum; with poorly written video drivers, this can cause all sorts
of problems.

Right-click on your desktop, choose Properties | Settings | Advanced and
click on the Performance tab. I almost always set the Hardware
Acceleration slider to the bottom or next-to-bottom notch.

HTH

knave

Re:D5 Trial hangs...and hangs...and hangs

Ben Weichert <As...@astroxys.de> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:3b691503$1_1@dnews...

> Hy there,

> I had Delphi 5 Enterprise Trial installed on Win98 and it made no problems,
> then I had to rebuild my system and installed the same D5ETrial on the new
> Win98 but now it makes problems: Every 3 (or so) minutes, the program
> doesn't react on my input and doesn't update it's interface (causes white
> areas when other app's overlay it). That's around 1 minute. Whithin this
> 'hanging' no other program is affected, but I have to wait till I can use
> Delphi 5 again.

> Yesterday, I also installed the C Builder 5 Enterprise Trial and it does the
> same thing, so I think it has to be any shared resource of Borland.
> Does anybody know this problem or even knows a solution?

> P.S.: I uninstalled D5 one time after the reinstallation of Win98. But the
> error remained.

Ben, some time ago I read a post in somewhere that presented the following
workaround:

    Under the [display] section of the SYSTEM.INI file add
    the following line:
    BusThrottle=1

    (Then reboot)

As I didn't need it for me, I can't  ensure you that will work for you, so give
it a try.

--
Regards,

 Paulo Fran?a