Converting Bytes(?) to Int / Int to Bytes

Hi

I got a database (dBase) and I don't know how to convert the
datas from the table so that I can use them:

The table-datas of a column consists of always two 'strange
signs' ( bytes?). Sometimes the character(s) are not visible.

I know that these 'signs' are converted Integers.
The number '466' for example looks after converting something like
that:   '|'
So I need two meths (I2Bin and Bin2I ) to read/write from/to the
DataTable because I don't know how to convert the datas.

Maybe someone can help

Michael

Re:Converting Bytes(?) to Int / Int to Bytes

In article <3393ffe3.10108...@newsserv.informatik.tu-muenchen.de>,
wir...@informatik.tu-muenchen.de says...

>Hi

>I got a database (dBase) and I don't know how to convert the
>datas from the table so that I can use them:

>The table-datas of a column consists of always two 'strange
>signs' ( bytes?). Sometimes the character(s) are not visible.

>I know that these 'signs' are converted Integers.
>The number '466' for example looks after converting something like
>that:   '|'
>So I need two meths (I2Bin and Bin2I ) to read/write from/to the
>DataTable because I don't know how to convert the datas.

>Maybe someone can help

>Michael

Pacifier Online Data Service Dialup SLIP/PPP User
To register: (360) 693-0325 or telnet pods.pacifier.com

Re:Converting Bytes(?) to Int / Int to Bytes

Michael:

If it is a dbase file (.dbf), it should be "self describing"....in
otherwords, the file itself contains the layout.  You should be able to
use the fields editor to look at it.

Also, database desktop can read it.

-Dave