THUNKING!

Hi, I wonder if you can help...

Problem:
I have a 16bit application that can create it's own 'kind-of' macro calls,
Unfortunatley, it can ONLY call 16bit DLL functions (done by me in Delphi
V1).
and cannot make 32bit function calls. I have no source for the app.

I have ALOT of legacy code in my 16 bit DLL's being called from this app.
and I would like to either convert this or bounce off of 16bit DLLs into
new stuff
created in later versions of Delphi compiled as 32 bit DLL's, OK so far?

I have made a 16bit test DLL which imports a function from a test 32bit
DLL,
but this does not work unfortunately as I expect that the application
cannot
recognise the 32 bit import declaration.

Question:
Does ANYONE have any info./experience on 'thunking' preferably with any
BRIEF sample code. I would be EXTREMELY grateful for any help !

Regards...
--
j...@autoProUK.com

--
Jeff @ AutoPro Software UK

Re:THUNKING!

Jeff wrote:

> Hi, I wonder if you can help...

> Problem:
> I have a 16bit application that can create it's own 'kind-of' macro

Not sure, but there are some related links in the TP-links
site, Delphi page about Thunking. You may also have a look
in the 1QA articles, found in the FAQ - page.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tpf.html

:-) Franz Glaser

Other Threads