QuickReport with different screen font sizes

I'm using QuickReport 1.0 with Delphi 2.0 and am trying to design a
report the previews and prints at a consistent size.  If I design the
report when my computer is set to large fonts and run it on a computer
set to small fonts, the report runs off the edge of the page.  If I
design a form when my computer is set to small fonts and I run it on a
computer set to large fonts, the report gets narrower on the page.

The manual for QuickReports indicates that I should set the Form.Scaled
property to False (which I did).  It also says to design the report
using small fonts to "limit the problems when your reports are printed
on computers with other screen setting" (which I've tried).  Also, the
font I'm using is a TrueType font.

Is there anything I can do to get the report to come out the same size
on the preview and on paper on computers with different font size
configurations?

Thanks.

[ Bill Young                        |  Cast & Crew Production Software       ]
[ Manager of R&D                    |  3665 Ruffin Road, Suite 335           ]
[                                   |  San Diego, CA  92123                  ]
[ UUCP:  ...!ucsd!pslvax!bill       |  Voice: (619) 565-1513                 ]
[ INET:  pslvax!b...@UCSD.EDU       |  Fax:   (619) 565-1547                 ]

Re:QuickReport with different screen font sizes

Bill Young wrote:

> I'm using QuickReport 1.0 with Delphi 2.0 and am trying to design a
> report the previews and prints at a consistent size.  If I design the
> report when my computer is set to large fonts and run it on a computer
> set to small fonts, the report runs off the edge of the page.  If I
> design a form when my computer is set to small fonts and I run it on a
> computer set to large fonts, the report gets narrower on the page.

> The manual for QuickReports indicates that I should set the Form.Scaled
> property to False (which I did).  It also says to design the report
> using small fonts to "limit the problems when your reports are printed
> on computers with other screen setting" (which I've tried).  Also, the
> font I'm using is a TrueType font.

> Is there anything I can do to get the report to come out the same size
> on the preview and on paper on computers with different font size
> configurations?

> Thanks.

> [ Bill Young                        |  Cast & Crew Production Software       ]
> [ Manager of R&D                    |  3665 Ruffin Road, Suite 335           ]
> [                                   |  San Diego, CA  92123                  ]
> [ UUCP:  ...!ucsd!pslvax!bill       |  Voice: (619) 565-1513                 ]
> [ INET:  pslvax!b...@UCSD.EDU       |  Fax:   (619) 565-1547                 ]

It's a problem and there is nothing you can do to solve it. I do not use
QuickReport because of its inability to resize itself at different
pixelsperinch. Alan has indicated that he is working hard to solve this
dilema. I've been using ReportPrinter, while there are minor bugs, it
does not have the resolution problem.
Tony

Bill Young wrote:
> The manual for QuickReports indicates that I should set the Form.Scaled
> property to False (which I did).  It also says to design the report

I set scaled to True and it worked on both small and large fonts.

Renier

Renier Crause                sMail: Jakarandapark 45
                                    1911  VANDERBIJLPARK
eMail:  att...@iscrovdb.co.za       South-Africa