Using 32 bit DLL in 16 bit BPW application

Hi,

Is it possible to use a 32 bit DLL in a 16 BPW application?

When I try to do it Windows NT says that the 16 bit application illegally tries
to use 32 bit DLL. When I run de program from then BPW IDE, I get an
Application Error.

The 32 bit DLL cannot be recompiled in 16 bit because it's en interface between
a Windows NT device driver we wrote.

Thanks,

Frank Putman,
Keyword Info Systems BV.

Re:Using 32 bit DLL in 16 bit BPW application

Hi,

Is it possible to use a 32 bit DLL in a 16 BPW application?

When I try to do it Windows NT says that the 16 bit application illegally tries
to use 32 bit DLL. When I run de program from then BPW IDE, I get an
Application Error.

The 32 bit DLL cannot be recompiled in 16 bit because it's en interface between
a Windows NT device driver we wrote.

Thanks,

Frank Putman,
Keyword Info Systems BV.

Re:Using 32 bit DLL in 16 bit BPW application

kerst...@keyword.nl wrote:

: Hi,
:
: Is it possible to use a 32 bit DLL in a 16 BPW application?
:
: When I try to do it Windows NT says that the 16 bit application illegally tries
: to use 32 bit DLL. When I run de program from then BPW IDE, I get an
: Application Error.
:

You need to "thunk" to the 32-bit DLL. Check my homepage for the TPWin32
package (with sources) which allows you to do this - it is based on the
Call32NT package.

The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro 3.10 for Win16 and Win32:
           Winner of PC PLUS Magazine Gold Award (April 1995 U.K. edition)
           http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
           ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/install/chief310.zip

Other Threads