Delphi 7 and Import Type Library of msado26.tlb

I wrote a web service that saves an ADO recordset as XML to an ADO Stream
object that was working fine under Delphi 6. I received my copy of Delphi 7
today and decided as a test to upgrade my service. I needed to import the
Microsoft Active Data Objects version 2.6 because Delphi does not support
the ADO.Stream object nor does the Recordset object defined in ADOInt
support saving a recordset to a stream (the Save function in ADOInt takes
only a widestring as it's first parameter and not a variant). It took me a
while to figure out why my once working service would now throw an exception
when Recordset.Save function was called. I replaced the ADODB_TLB.pas file
generated by Delphi 7 with the one generated by Delphi 6 and everything
worked fine.  I don't know exactly what the Import Type Library function is
doing wrong. It does generate all this GhostMethod... functions which don't
appear in the Delphi 6 version. If anyone can shed some light on my problem
it would be greatly appreciated. If it is something that I am doing wrong
please tell me, if it is a problem with Delphi 7 I hope a Borland engineer
reads this. I wanted to post a bug to the Borland web-site but could not
find where to do it.

Jim Lesure
Edgewater, MD

Re:Delphi 7 and Import Type Library of msado26.tlb

The same problem was for ADO MD typelib in Borland C++ Builder 5. All Ghost
methods should be removed manully in that case.

Regards,
Vassiliev V.V.
http://www.oledbdirect.com

"Jim Lesure" <jles...@nospam.comcast.net> ???Y/???Y ?????
???Y??: news:3d6ef0e4$1@newsgroups.borland.com...

> I wrote a web service that saves an ADO recordset as XML to an ADO Stream
> object that was working fine under Delphi 6. I received my copy of Delphi
7
> today and decided as a test to upgrade my service. I needed to import the
> Microsoft Active Data Objects version 2.6 because Delphi does not support
> the ADO.Stream object nor does the Recordset object defined in ADOInt
> support saving a recordset to a stream (the Save function in ADOInt takes
> only a widestring as it's first parameter and not a variant). It took me a
> while to figure out why my once working service would now throw an
exception
> when Recordset.Save function was called. I replaced the ADODB_TLB.pas file
> generated by Delphi 7 with the one generated by Delphi 6 and everything
> worked fine.  I don't know exactly what the Import Type Library function
is
> doing wrong. It does generate all this GhostMethod... functions which
don't
> appear in the Delphi 6 version. If anyone can shed some light on my
problem
> it would be greatly appreciated. If it is something that I am doing wrong
> please tell me, if it is a problem with Delphi 7 I hope a Borland engineer
> reads this. I wanted to post a bug to the Borland web-site but could not
> find where to do it.

> Jim Lesure
> Edgewater, MD

Other Threads