ibx components compatible with builder c++ 4.0?

hello, new user here.  will ibx components work in builder 4.0 and if so how
would i go about installing them?
  thanks.

Re:ibx components compatible with builder c++ 4.0?

"Ken S." wrote:

> hello, new user here.  will ibx components work in builder 4.0 ... ?

        No.  You need at least BCB 5, since IBX depends upon TCustomConnetion,
which doesn't exist in BCB4.  So you need to either update BCB or use IB
components other than IBX.

        BTW, questions about IBX and BCB should go in the
borland.public.cppbuilder.database.interbaseexpress newsgroup.

        HTH,

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd

Re:ibx components compatible with builder c++ 4.0?

> hello, new user here.  will ibx components work in builder 4.0 and if so
how
> would i go about installing them?

You are welcome to consider using IBO with CPPB 4 since it does support it.
Send me a private email and I can outfit you with the sources for evaluation
purposes.

PS. Due to some IDE bugs in Builder 4 you may need to consult the archives
of the IBO list for a few helpful tips. I don't have an automated install of
pre-compiled packages.

Please see the web-site in my tag-line.

Regards,
Jason Wharton