Need components to translate applications

Hello,

One of the projects in our pipeline will require multi-language
support. I will soon evaluate some ready-built components that will
allow to translate the screens of an application. As I have no
previous experience with these I would appreciate any pointers to and
previous experiences with them, positive as well as negative (but no
flames please, keep it technical).

Also, I think we will need some way of translating Delphi and BDE
messages, things like the captions of message boxes and so on. I
believe there has once been a Borland Language pack for Delphi that
will do that, can someone please confirm what it will do exactly?

Thank you very much.
Bart