Paradox tables on CD-ROM

Hi, All!

I have Paradox tables on CD, but I can't access them.
Would you please to teach me how to do this ???

Thanks,
Igor

Re:Paradox tables on CD-ROM

Hi there!
Privet zemlyakam iz Izrailya!

I will write in English in order to others could understand it and maybe
sudgest something too.

I am working with Paradox tables too.
BDE creates temporary files that control access of different users in a
network to Paradox tables. By default it creates PDOXUSRS.NET, PDOXUSERS.LCK
and PARADOX.LCK files in the directory where you rables are located. So it's
impossible to create temporary files on read-only device, which is CD-ROM.
Try to create your own session and set the PrivateDir property to C:\TEMP
(or any other local directory). Set NetFileDir property to C:\ (or, I think
it should work too, any other local directory).
I am not sure, but probably you can also set these parameters to default
session, which is created automaticaly by BDE. Just try to enter this code

Session.NetFileDir := 'C:\';
Session.PrivateDir := 'C:\TEMP';

before you open the tables.

Poka! Pishi esli cho!
Bye

Artem Tereykovskii wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>Hi, All!

>I have Paradox tables on CD, but I can't access them.
>Would you please to teach me how to do this ???

>Thanks,
>Igor

Re:Paradox tables on CD-ROM

Artem Tereykovskii ([email protected]) wrote:

: I have Paradox tables on CD, but I can't access them.
: Would you please to teach me how to do this ???

I just answered this question on this newsgroup.  Look for
my post in your newsreader, or at http://www.dejanews.com/
Rick Carter   [email protected]   [email protected]