Deploying BDE - multiple BDE installations

We have an application written in Delphi 4 that requires deployment of
the Borland Database Engine.  The application uses a very small subset
of the BDE - one table associated with one DB Grid.  We have encountered

situations where customers have an earlier version of the BDE installed
on their systems.

The question is:

How can we have two versions of the BDE peacefully co-exist on the same
machine?  From what we can gather, the BDE registry settings only permit

one installation of the BDE.  Clearly, we don't want to render other
applications unusable.

Our application runs with the following deployment:

    DLLs:
        bantam.dll,
        Blw32.dll,
        Idapi32.dll,
        Idapinst.dll,
        idbat32.dll,
        Idpdx32.dll,
        Idr20009.dll,
        idsql32.dll

    Registry Value:
        DLLPATH="......"

        under the key,

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
            SOFTWARE
                Borland
                    Database Engine

However, if other registry values and registry keys are present  from a
prior BDE installation, our application does not run - language driver
error ($3e06).

Any assistance or work around that you can provide will be greatly
appreciated.

Re:Deploying BDE - multiple BDE installations

Other Threads