Problems with IDODBC32.DLL and the BDE Configuration utility!!

I have a problem with the BDE Configuration utility. Basically when i select
"New ODBC Driver" i get a message saying "ODBC is corrupt or not installed
correctly"! The help on this message says that IDODBC32.DLL must be in the
.\BDE directory. Problem is i havn't got IDODBC32.DLL, it isn't even on the
CD! I checked the <cd>\RUNIMAGE\BDE directory and its not there either!

I have re-installed Delphi 2.0 3 times and the file still refuses to appear
and the utility still fails to run. As a last ditch attempt, i got someone on
IRC to DCC me the file (IDODBC32.DLL) and i put it in the ..\BDE directory.
Surprise surprise - it STILL doesn't work!

Im using Win95 and Win NT Server 3.51.

Can anyone help me with this? It would be much appreciated.....

email: m...@mbaldwin.demon.co.uk

Re:Problems with IDODBC32.DLL and the BDE Configuration utility!!

I guess you have bought the wrong version of Delphi 2.0. I
think you have the desktop-edition.... Missing here is the
ODBC-socket, and the ODBC-socket is the file IDODBC32.DLL....
I havent tried to put it in the right directory, but I guess
you also have to tell the BDE that it should ues the file.

Christian Falch

Mark Baldwin wrote:

> I have a problem with the BDE Configuration utility. Basically when i select
> "New ODBC Driver" i get a message saying "ODBC is corrupt or not installed
> correctly"! The help on this message says that IDODBC32.DLL must be in the
> .\BDE directory. Problem is i havn't got IDODBC32.DLL, it isn't even on the
> CD! I checked the <cd>\RUNIMAGE\BDE directory and its not there either!

> I have re-installed Delphi 2.0 3 times and the file still refuses to appear
> and the utility still fails to run. As a last ditch attempt, i got someone on
> IRC to DCC me the file (IDODBC32.DLL) and i put it in the ..\BDE directory.
> Surprise surprise - it STILL doesn't work!

> Im using Win95 and Win NT Server 3.51.

> Can anyone help me with this? It would be much appreciated.....

> email: m...@mbaldwin.demon.co.uk

I had this problem too. It was because I was only running the 16-bit version of my ODBC administrator (& drivers
too). You must use 32-bit drivers with Delphi 2.0. I got my 32-bit ODBC Administrator from Microsoft's web site
when I downloaded the 32-bit ODBC drivers for SQL Server.
Bob Whitaker                           I haven't lost my mind;
w...@ornl.gov                           it's backed up on tape
                                       somewhere.

Other Threads