How many records can Interbase handle?

Simon A. Haidley wrote:
> I have an application which is using 3 TTables in Master-Detail-Detail

> formation.  The record numbers of each are 2000-21000-27000
> respectivley.
> The access speed is terrible ~5secs when stepping through the master
> table.
> The Interbase Server is running on a Pentium Pro 64MG Server with all
> the
> goodies.
> What can I do to get the retrieval rate to an acceptable speed?

Treating a server database like a desktop database may be the best thing
to make the performance of the server database look terrible.

Aage J.
11

Re:How many records can Interbase handle?

Oddvar Sandvin <Oddvar.Sand...@Kreftreg.no> schrieb im Beitrag
<33C48EED.C3FEA...@Kreftreg.no>...

> Simon A. Haidley wrote:

> > I have an application which is using 3 TTables in Master-Detail-Detail

> > formation.  The record numbers of each are 2000-21000-27000
> > respectivley.
> > The access speed is terrible ~5secs when stepping through the master
> > table.

> Treating a server database like a desktop database may be the best thing
> to make the performance of the server database look terrible.

> Aage J.
> 11

Do not _step_ through the records! A SQL DB is set-based -> there is no
current record. To simulate the bahaviour of a desktop database Delphi has
to cache all primary keys and....

--
Stefan Craatz
Comitatus Software Berlin