IDFTP List Method on Indy - no FTPDitectoryList

Hi,

I want to get the list of subdirectories of a given directory on the FTP
server on UNIX.

In the good (bad) old days of NMFTP I could use FTPDirectoryList.name[X] -
is there an equivalent in Indy?

In Indy's IdFTP, I have pulled the results into a TStrings, and can identify
which rows represent directories (1st character is a 'd' on UNIX), but how
can I get the file/directory names without any problems relating to the
left-right positioning of the file/directory names.

Re:IDFTP List Method on Indy - no FTPDitectoryList

smcmen...@int-link.com (Simon Timothy McMenzie) wrote in <8q7e08$lj53
@bornews.borland.com>:

>In Indy's IdFTP, I have pulled the results into a TStrings, and can identify
>which rows represent directories (1st character is a 'd' on UNIX), but how
>can I get the file/directory names without any problems relating to the
>left-right positioning of the file/directory names.

Right now Indy FTP does not do parsing of the directory listings as there is
no standard and every system responds differently.
In 8.100 Indy will parse the common directory structures.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Team Indy
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem.

Other Threads