Can we run Interbase / Firebird with ADO?

Hi,

We're writing an app running Access with ADO components. It runs fine in
development but with a number of users logged on it slows down, and we're
thinking of going for a more heavy duty client server database. To save
costs we're thinking of using Firebird. Has anyone got that working? Any
observations welcome.

Regards,

Mark

Re:Can we run Interbase / Firebird with ADO?

Some of the firebird releases has also the ODBC driver. You can use it in
order to have an ADO connection.
bye

--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

Re:Can we run Interbase / Firebird with ADO?

www.sibprovider.com

"Mark Patterson" <mpatter...@brisbane.multinail.com.au> escreveu na mensagem

> Hi,

> We're writing an app running Access with ADO components. It runs fine in
> development but with a number of users logged on it slows down, and we're
> thinking of going for a more heavy duty client server database. To save
> costs we're thinking of using Firebird. Has anyone got that working? Any
> observations welcome.

> Regards,

> Mark

Other Threads