Locate: starts from first, or from current record ???

hello everyBody.

I have a doubt. Here it's: when I execute a locate statement the query
starts from the current record, or from the first record ??? If the
"table pointer" it's pointing to a record in the middle of the table, I
should do a ttable.first to starts from the first record ????

[]s,

--
Evandro Clayton Braga
Analista e programador de sistemas computacionais

Re:Locate: starts from first, or from current record ???

Locate will always start from the first record according to your current
sort. If Locate is issued on a query, it will sequentally scan the result
set. If executed on a table, it will send a "select * from Table where
Field=Value" to the database server, if you don't specify loCaseInsensitive.
Ian

Other Threads