SQL gurus please help!

Hi,

I don't know what db you are using, but in MS-SQL you can try something like

select    Name,
             sum(commission),
             sum(case
                     when date < '01/01/1999' then 0
                     when date > '01/31/1999' then 0
                     else  commission
                   end )
from table1

this 3rd column adds 0 to the sum if the date is before 1/1/1999 or after
1/31/1999
and otherwise adds commission

I am not sure about the exact syntax !!!!!!!

maybe you can also use 'between' in the case struct

hope this helps,

Carlo