IBEvent not able to make connection

Hi,
I am trying to add the ibEvent component to my app. I have the server on 2
different NT 4.0 machines for testing. When I connect to one, everything
works fine. When I connect to the other I get a Windows error saying the
secondary connection can't be made. Then the server seems to lock and can't
be accessed for a long time. Can't be stopped and started either. I'm sure
this is an NT configuration issue, but there are no messages in the NT Event
viewer to indicate that it had a problem. I am using the same database
connector for the data access and the ibEvent component. Can you give me a
little info on how the IbEvent component connects? Does it require use of
another port that may not be accessable or ??

Thanks a lot in advance.
Larry Clark