ADO vs. BDE and IBX

Can you tell me how ADO compares to BDE and IBX regarding
efficiency and ease of use.

-Ren Laursen

Re:ADO vs. BDE and IBX

"Ren Laursen" wrote:

> Can you tell me how ADO compares to BDE and IBX regarding
> efficiency and ease of use.

        I recommend ADO if you are using:

o  M$ SQL Server
o  MTS/COM+

        For anything else, I recommend a different solution.  *Which* solution
depends upon your needs, and you don't mention them.

        I don't recommend using the BDE at all for new development.

        As for an ease-of-use comparison, ADO is roughly similar to
understanding DataSnap/MIDAS (since ADO copied many of the MIDAS
features).

        HTH,

        -Craig

We're hiring: http://www.vertexsoftware.com/careerops.htm#sd