BDE 4.51 - Problems connecting to Oracle 7.3 DB (continued)

We are still having trouble connecting to any of our Oracle databases. The
main crux of the problem seems to be the Server Name: field within the
Alias Manager (Database Desktop). Can anyone tell me what the format of
this server name is, as nothing that we have tried seems to work!

Cheers.

Re:BDE 4.51 - Problems connecting to Oracle 7.3 DB (continued)

The server name should correspond to a TNS alias that you set up in
Oracle's SQL Net Easy Configuration program.  Just make sure you set
the NET PROTOCOL field to 'TNS'.  I've never managed to get a
connection with TCP/IP direct from Delphi, I've always had to use the
Oracle Client config tools.

On 5 Mar 1998 16:02:40 GMT, "Justin Ashurst"

<justin.ashu...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>We are still having trouble connecting to any of our Oracle databases. The
>main crux of the problem seems to be the Server Name: field within the
>Alias Manager (Database Desktop). Can anyone tell me what the format of
>this server name is, as nothing that we have tried seems to work!

>Cheers.

Other Threads