Using "Generic / Text-only printer" with QReports

Hello,

Is it possible to use Quickreports also with "Generic / Text-only printers"
 I've got a lot of customers
which have matrix printers.

In my situation, it is not a solution to print the reports in graphic mode,
because that takes too much time to print a report.

Of course, graphics cannot be print on a "text only" printer, bit that is
not necessary.

Thanks in advance

Carl Wolff

Re:Using "Generic / Text-only printer" with QReports

Try switching to one of the 'native' printer fonts instead - it will
come out a lot nicer, but will still print quickly on the printer.

For example on my Okidata IBM-320 printers I do something like this:
   qreport1.fontname := 'Courier 17 CPI';
   qreport1.print;

This will print the text at the positions on the report layout, but
does not kick into graphical mode to print text.  A side benefit of
this approach is that you can mix fonts (truetype and native fonts)
and even still print graphics without slowing down the entire report.

Also by avoiding the generic/text only printer driver, your reports
will still resemble the report layout when printed out..

Keith Gilbert
Labor Ready

"Carl Wolff" <fullw...@worldonline.nl> wrote:
>Hello,

>Is it possible to use Quickreports also with "Generic / Text-only printers"
> I've got a lot of customers
>which have matrix printers.

>In my situation, it is not a solution to print the reports in graphic mode,
>because that takes too much time to print a report.

>Of course, graphics cannot be print on a "text only" printer, bit that is
>not necessary.

>Thanks in advance

>Carl Wolff

Keith Gilbert
Labor Ready

Re:Using "Generic / Text-only printer" with QReports

Yes.. You can use TAsciiFilter of Qreport..
See more in Qreport Document page 96
And use filename as "PRN" it will send report to current printer automatic.
uses qrextra;

QuickReport1.ExportToFilter(TQRAsciiExportFilter.Create('PRN'));

Wachirawut Tamviset
http://202.44.194.10/delphi/

Carl Wolff wrote:
> Hello,

> Is it possible to use Quickreports also with "Generic / Text-only printers"
> ?I've got a lot of customers
> which have matrix printers.

> In my situation, it is not a solution to print the reports in graphic mode,
> because that takes too much time to print a report.

> Of course, graphics cannot be print on a "text only" printer, bit that is
> not necessary.

> Thanks in advance

> Carl Wolff

?