True color .BGI???

Is there a .BGI file which will give my Turbo Pascal programs 24 million
colors? Also, where is the latest versiion of SVGA256.BGI, and is there
a .BGI file which will allow me to have 1024X786X256 graphics, and still
allow the setbkcolor procedure to work? Thanks in advance.

--
Patrick D. Rockwell
mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net

Re:True color .BGI???

>Is there a .BGI file which will give my Turbo Pascal programs 24 million
>colors? Also, where is the latest versiion of SVGA256.BGI, and is there
>a .BGI file which will allow me to have 1024X786X256 graphics, and still
>allow the setbkcolor procedure to work? Thanks in advance.

For your first two questions -
Jordan Hargraphix is maintaining a site at
http://www.eden.com/~spazm/SvgaBGI.html
in which you can download his SuperVGA drivers which include
SVGA256.BGI (256 colors) SVGATC.BGI (TrueColor) and some more drivers.
It seems like the most recent version is from 1995.
I think, however, that a few more people publish BGI drivers under
the name SVGA256.

For your last question, I'm still looking for an answer myself ...

Sincerely Yours,
                       Idan.

Re:True color .BGI???

Also, where is the latest versiion of SVGA256.BGI, and is there

>a .BGI file which will allow me to have 1024X786X256 graphics, and still
>allow the setbkcolor procedure to work? Thanks in advance.

Instead SetBKColor, Try using the SetRGBColor function
and replace the 0th color in the palette with your selected value.
The 2nd example on SetRGBColor lists the default RGB
palette values (in my version anyway ...)

I couldn't get SetBKColor nor SetPalette to work for me.

btw, why does the command "DIR /" gives me a bunch of "w" ?

Sincerely,
             Idan.

Other Threads