telnet client component or source or book

Does anyone know of a telnet client component, some source, or a
good book describing the protocol?

Thanks in advance!!

dave

Re:telnet client component or source or book

I can;t provide you with much, what I do know is primarily found from trial
and error.

Telnet it self is easy to implement in Delphi, Open a Socket on the desired
port (Telnet defaults to 23 though it is not unusual to connect to non
standard ports)

It is then a Send/Recieve of Text.  All color and postioning is done
according to what type of Terminaly you are implementing.  I have a
rudimentary TElnet (or more specifically MUD) client written in Deplhi 2
using the freeware Sockets v3.0 componenet and handling the IO myself.  Up
until 3 days ago I was unable to find a decent source for handling the ANSI
codes for color and positions.  I finally found it in an original DOS 5.0
manual.  IF I get all of the positioning written I might wrap it up as a
component.

Andy

Dave <d...@roisysinc.com> wrote in article <53vu4o$...@scream.ing.com>...

> Does anyone know of a telnet client component, some source, or a
> good book describing the protocol?

> Thanks in advance!!

> dave

Other Threads