Can Delphi use Clipper databases?

I am looking for a solution for accessing Clipper 5.2 databases with a
Windows bases product.  Will Delphi do this readily?

Re:Can Delphi use Clipper databases?

jo...@mail.fwi.com wrote:
>I am looking for a solution for accessing Clipper 5.2 databases with a
>Windows bases product.  Will Delphi do this readily?

John,

Check out the Apollo 2.0 product from SuccessWare.

Re:Can Delphi use Clipper databases?

In article <4b9p49$...@news.ios.com>, jo...@mail.fwi.com says...

>I am looking for a solution for accessing Clipper 5.2 databases with a
>Windows bases product.  Will Delphi do this readily?

Hello friend!
I'm and old Clipper man who has converted to Windows and Delphi!
I propose:
1) There is a tool named Apollo Rocket that can handle Clipper indexes
   together with Delphi. (I havn't used it myself). It's supplied by
   SuccessWare with e-mail on Compuserve 74774,2240. Version 2 ought to
   be avilable soon.
2) I myself have converted my Clipper stuff to dBaseIV. I created the
   database in a Delphi Desktop Utility and converted by aid of a small
   Delphi application with component TBatchMove. Worked fine. dBaseIV
   is dwelling in Borlands Database Engine. Very handsome.
3) After more than 25 years of struggle with assemblers, Cobol, Basic ....
   Windows and Delphi is a wonderful relief.
        Merry X-mas.
        from Kandex System Development
             Sweden.  /Kurt

Re:Can Delphi use Clipper databases?

You can use dBase III driver that comes with Delphi to access to DBF
files, but you will not be able to use NTX index files.  If you need
to do so, you may call Intersolv to get Clipper ODBC driver.  It will
work well, but will cost you $99 per user.

lhu...@mcs.com :-o

jo...@mail.fwi.com wrote:
>I am looking for a solution for accessing Clipper 5.2 databases with a
>Windows bases product.  Will Delphi do this readily?

Re:Can Delphi use Clipper databases?

In article <4b9p49$...@news.ios.com>, jo...@mail.fwi.com says...

>I am looking for a solution for accessing Clipper 5.2 databases with a
>Windows bases product.  Will Delphi do this readily?

Apollo (a Delphi add-on) from SuccessWare will allow you to do this.

Dave
pi...@cam.org

Re:Can Delphi use Clipper databases?

>I am looking for a solution for accessing Clipper 5.2 databases with a
>Windows bases product.  Will Delphi do this readily?

p>Apollo (a Delphi add-on) from SuccessWare will allow you to do this.

Agreed, and the author is a right funny guy!  He did a "dog and pony"
show of Apollo last month for the Dallas Delphi Developers group.  The
product looks good.

Greenleaf Software, based here in Dallas, has a "C" library that can be
compiled into a Windows .DLL.  The Greenleaf library is the old Soft-C
library, and supports: dBASE III, III+, IV, Clipper, Alpha IV, dBXL,
FoxBASE, & Quicksilver.

I have used the Greenleaf library extensively and have been very happy
with the product.

Fred
---
 t SRP 2.00 #1203 t C:  the perfect language to study debugging.

David Taylor wrote:

> In article <4b9p49$...@news.ios.com>, jo...@mail.fwi.com says...

> >I am looking for a solution for accessing Clipper 5.2 databases with a
> >Windows bases product.  Will Delphi do this readily?

> Apollo (a Delphi add-on) from SuccessWare will allow you to do this.

> Dave
> pi...@cam.org

The routines I use are from Sequitor and the package is called CodeBase.
I personally don't use the Clipper routines but I know for a fact it
works well, with Clipper dbf's and ntx's.

--
Gus Perez
Systems Coordinator

Other Threads