Win3.x applications by Delphi 2.0??

Hello,

I developped a program for win95 in Delphi 2.0.  Now I want a win3.x
version of the same program, but I don't know how to do this with Delphi
2.0. Any suggestions??

Roelof de Graaf

Re:Win3.x applications by Delphi 2.0??

On 26 Feb 1997 14:35:15 GMT, "Roelof de Graaf"

<R.F.deGr...@wb.utwente.nl> wrote:
>Hello,

>I developped a program for win95 in Delphi 2.0.  Now I want a win3.x
>version of the same program, but I don't know how to do this with Delphi
>2.0. Any suggestions??

>Roelof de Graaf

Yes... you can't do that with Delphi 2.0.
Instead you have to use the Delphi 1.0 that's enclosed on your Delphi
2.0 CD.
The conversion may not be a trivial task though... at least not if
you've used some win32 calls.

I think, but I'm not sure, that you might be able to use your delphi
2.0 appl. under Win3.1. You just have to be sure that you've got WIN32
installed, and that all the apicalls you use are supported by win32...
not only 95 or NT!!!

Leif
Greetings from Leif Bredgaard Andersen
mailto:lband...@post2.tele.dk
ICQ uin: 131319
"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong
- especially with your PC" - Murphy

Roelof de Graaf wrote:

> Hello,

> I developped a program for win95 in Delphi 2.0.  Now I want a win3.x
> version of the same program, but I don't know how to do this with
> Delphi 2.0. Any suggestions??

  IF you're app. DOES NOT use the BDE, Report Smith or ANY Win95
'special features' (long file names, OCX's, etc...) you could TRY the
Win32s and see if it works..  (Don't hold your breath tho...)
  Otherwise, recompile the project using D1 (which is included with D2).

--
Jason
E...@DarkElf.reno.nv.us

Re:Win3.x applications by Delphi 2.0??

"Roelof de Graaf" <R.F.deGr...@wb.utwente.nl> wrote:

>>Hello,
>>I developped a program for win95 in Delphi 2.0.  Now I want a win3.x
>>version of the same program, but I don't know how to do this with Delphi
>>2.0. Any suggestions??

You don't do it with D2 at all.  Install Delphi 1 off your cdrom and
compile it in that.

Christopher di Armani

Re:Win3.x applications by Delphi 2.0??

Roelof,

Providing your application does not use any WIN32 specific stuff, such as
the Win95 common controls it should be a reasonably simple job just to
re-compile with Delphi 1.0 (remember to remove the Applicatiuon.Intialise
from the project source.) Form inheritance and Data modules would be others
to break the party too.

If any of these techniques have been used, I'm afraid you will have to do
some re-coding to simulate their opertation.

Hope this helps
Glen

Roelof de Graaf <R.F.deGr...@wb.utwente.nl> wrote in article
<01bc23f2$469a33e0$30195...@wbwa02.wb.utwente.nl>...

> Hello,

> I developped a program for win95 in Delphi 2.0.  Now I want a win3.x
> version of the same program, but I don't know how to do this with Delphi
> 2.0. Any suggestions??

> Roelof de Graaf

Other Threads