Clipping Polygons by Polygons in Delphi

Hi Folks,
is there a API for
clipping polygons (!not recangles or other reegular formed stuff)
by polygons (! in doub prec. representation)

Bye Alex

Re:Clipping Polygons by Polygons in Delphi

Hello Alex Weidauer,

Next week I will upload to Torry's a polygon clipper library (100% delphi
source code) for clipping polygons on floating point coordinates (two
dimensional only).

I don't know yet if it will be freeware of shareware (a very small amount
paid for the library because the hard work).

The library will clip polygons against polygons only and the resulting
polygons can be controlled with a clipping operation parameter, returning:

- the intersection of the polygons
- the difference of the polygons
- the union of the polygons
- the split of the polygons (which is the same as difference + intersection)

If more people is interested, please inform me or give me more suggestions.

Thank you
Alex S

"Alex Weidauer" <alex.weida...@huckfinn.de> wrote in message

> Hi Folks,
> is there a API for
> clipping polygons (!not recangles or other reegular formed stuff)
> by polygons (! in doub prec. representation)

> Bye Alex

Re:Clipping Polygons by Polygons in Delphi

Hi,
are you intend to explain the source.

There are some clippers in C and C++
like  have you investigated the following Sites

Generic Polygon Clipper (gpc)  Alan Murta (email: g...@cs.man.ac.uk)
poly_Boolean Michael Leonov
nclip    Klamer Shutte  kla...@mi.el.utwente.nl

Alex S wrote:
>Hello Alex Weidauer,

>Next week I will upload to Torry's a polygon clipper library (100% delphi
>source code) for clipping polygons on floating point coordinates (two
>dimensional only).

>I don't know yet if it will be freeware of shareware (a very small amount
>paid for the library because the hard work).

>The library will clip polygons against polygons only and the resulting
>polygons can be controlled with a clipping operation parameter, returning:

>- the intersection of the polygons
>- the difference of the polygons
>- the union of the polygons
>- the split of the polygons (which is the same as difference + intersection)

>If more people is interested, please inform me or give me more suggestions.

>Thank you
>Alex S

>"Alex Weidauer" <alex.weida...@huckfinn.de> wrote in message

>>Hi Folks,
>>is there a API for
>>clipping polygons (!not recangles or other reegular formed stuff)
>>by polygons (! in doub prec. representation)

>>Bye Alex

Other Threads