Linux installation

Hello,
I have installed the RPM package for Interbase 6.0.1 (Open Source) in a Mandrake Linux 8.1. The package has been installed in /opt/interbase directory. I have revised the hosts file to include the ip of the cliente and service file to include gds_db 3050/tcp.
I want that the service runs when linux start, and the clients can connect to it. But it doesn't work.
The server doesn't run, and i try to execute ibmgr and it doesn't run.
What can I do? Where can I find a document abount linux installation?

Thanks.

Re:Linux installation

hi,

"sur-se" <jo...@sur-se.com> wrote:
> I want that the service runs when linux start, and the
> clients can connect to it. But it doesn't work.
> The server doesn't run, and i try to execute ibmgr and
> it doesn't run.
> What can I do? Where can I find a document abount linux
> installation?

create a file ibase in  /etc/xinetd.d/ :

cd /etc/xinetd.d

vi ibase

# Interbase service definition
service gds_db
{
 socket_type  = stream
 wait   = no
 user   = root
 log_on_failure   += USERID
 server   = /usr/local/sbin/gds_inet_server

}

hth,
Christoph Bubestinger
NoSpooN communications - we build the net.

tel (+43) 2682 / 704 495-13
fax (+43) 2682 / 704 495-90
adr techlab
    t.a. edison strasse 2
    a-7000 eisenstadt
web www.nospoon.net

Re:Linux installation

BiMax wrote:
> sur-se wrote:
> :: I have installed the RPM package for Interbase 6.0.1 (Open Source) in a
> :: Mandrake Linux 8.1. The package has been installed in /opt/interbase
> :: directory. I have revised the hosts file to include the ip of the cliente
> :: and service file to include gds_db 3050/tcp.

The IP address of the clients should be of little importance - the IP
address of the server should be known to the clients.
I don't know IB on Linux, but think that ClassicServer starts when
needed.

--
Aage J.

Re:Linux installation

Hi,

I have installed Interbase on a Windows 2000 Server running OK. All clients know Linux's IP, and there is connection to it. I think the problem is the gds_db service on port 3050, that is always rejected from linux server, but I have used all configuration programs in Linux to enable it, but it doesn't work.

Thanks for your reply.

Aage Johansen <aagjo...@offline.no> wrote:
>BiMax wrote:
>> sur-se wrote:
>> :: I have installed the RPM package for Interbase 6.0.1 (Open Source) in a
>> :: Mandrake Linux 8.1. The package has been installed in /opt/interbase
>> :: directory. I have revised the hosts file to include the ip of the cliente
>> :: and service file to include gds_db 3050/tcp.

>The IP address of the clients should be of little importance - the IP
>address of the server should be known to the clients.
>I don't know IB on Linux, but think that ClassicServer starts when
>needed.

>--
>Aage J.

Other Threads