QuickReports and ACCESS 7

When I attempt to preview an MS ACCESS table report produced using the
QuickReport wizard (or just by straight coding) I get an application error
reported and Delphi 4 dies. The error reported is an EAccessError in module
DAO350.DLL - at an unlikely address.

I have reinstalled D4, complete with Imprise's update #2. I have also installed
the updated the DAO350.DLL file from Microsoft's download site.

The problem remains - rendering QuickReport useless when used with MS ACCESS
tables. (It works fine with dBase files)

Has anyone got any ideas? There have been several queries a bit like this one
lately...

Rob Holzer

Re:QuickReports and ACCESS 7

Not an idea but the same problem. Pleas let me know if you have a solution.

gerd

Holzerra schrieb in Nachricht
<19981201184637.16704.00001...@ng141.aol.com>...

"Gerd Mller" <g...@it-b.de> wrote:
>Not an idea but the same problem. Pleas let me know if you have a solution.

>gerd

>Holzerra schrieb in Nachricht
><19981201184637.16704.00001...@ng141.aol.com>...
>>When I attempt to preview an MS ACCESS table report produced using the
>>QuickReport wizard (or just by straight coding) I get an application error
>>reported and Delphi 4 dies. The error reported is an EAccessError in module
>>DAO350.DLL - at an unlikely address.

>>I have reinstalled D4, complete with Imprise's update #2. I have also
>installed
>>the updated the DAO350.DLL file from Microsoft's download site.

>>The problem remains - rendering QuickReport useless when used with MS
>ACCESS
>>tables. (It works fine with dBase files)

>>Has anyone got any ideas? There have been several queries a bit like this
>one
>>lately...

>>Rob Holzer

In my case, I find that I get the Access violation when doing a preview from
within the IDE, but it works fine doing a preview when the application is
compiled & run.

Converting from using the MSAccess driver to using ODBC bypassed the problem.

I reported this problem to QUSoft (I'm registered for the professional version
of QR) and they responded ..

"This is a problem with MSACCESS driver and DAO 3.5.  This problem is
occurring outside of the QuickReport code, we do not have a solution for
it.  We just make calls to TDataSet methods, wee don't handle anything at
the driver level."

I believe this <to some extent>, it is suspicious that it fails doing preview in
the IDE but not in compiled code.  I also have not been impressed with the
MSACCESS driver (investigate record locking if you dare) so it <might> be in
there.

--

Peter S Ingham               p...@actrix.gen.nz
Lower Hutt, New Zealand

Re:QuickReports and ACCESS 7

Thanks Peter - I'll try to run the compiled version as you suggest. If the
Access driver is suspect I may bottle out of using it until an update comes
along.

Other Threads