BDE 4.x bug : Paradox table with filter and cached updates

I've a problem with BDE 4.0, 4.01 or 4.51 (and Delphi 2.01, 3.01 or 3.02
application) and no efficient answer from technical support in France or UK
since last summer. Perhaps can you help me.

The problem is :
- A Paradox table (i.e. Customer.db) is opened with a TTable in
CachedUpdates mode and a filter (OnFilterRecord)
- A TDBGrid is put on this dataset
- when I call the TTable.Edit method (i.e. from a TButton), the record
buffer seems to be broken... Some characters of a field appear in the next
field. On a table with floating values, the TDBGrid displays NAN instead of
the values.

The problem doesn't occur with BDE 3.5 (and Delphi 2.01 application).

Have you a solution ? When will this bug be fixed (I'm waiting since 3 BDE
releases...) ?

Thank you for your answer.

--
Olivier DEWIT