How to speed up TDataSet.Next

Hi,
        I'm writing a DB grid component which allows fields from
several linked DBs. Currently, I am using DataSet.Next (along with
FindKey, but that's not important to this story) to move thru the
Master DB, but wanted to know if anyone knew of a faster method to
move both the Master DB _AND_ it's slaves to their new postions.
        The DBGrid method of having x number of recs in the DataLink
buffer does not work in my case, because this only retrievies the
records from the master DB, and does not jolt the slave DBs into
moving to the correct record.

        I'd appriciate any help.

Thanks,
        Ed Eichman