Any modern PC Pascal Compilers other than Delphi??

We have some older Pascal code that previously had been compiled with a
vintage 1991 Metaware compiler. We would like to find a modern compiler for
the PC platform with the following additional properties. It must:

1) be able to run under Windows NT/95

2) produce 16-bit DLLs for Windows 3.1

3) produce 32-bit DLLs for NT/95.

A reliable shareware of freeware product would be OK. However, we are under
some heavy time constraints and cannot afford to spend time making the
compiler work or working around a lot of limitations.

We can probably use Delphi 2.0 but I was wondering if there was anything else
out there. A lot of Delphi's features would go unused in our application.

Thanks - CM

Re:Any modern PC Pascal Compilers other than Delphi??

In article <4gfo59$...@sundog.tiac.net> c...@macsyma.com (Curtis Marx) writes:
>We have some older Pascal code that previously had been compiled with a
>vintage 1991 Metaware compiler. We would like to find a modern compiler for
>the PC platform with the following additional properties. It must:
>1) be able to run under Windows NT/95
>2) produce 16-bit DLLs for Windows 3.1
>3) produce 32-bit DLLs for NT/95.
>A reliable shareware of freeware product would be OK. However, we are under
>some heavy time constraints and cannot afford to spend time making the
>compiler work or working around a lot of limitations.
>We can probably use Delphi 2.0 but I was wondering if there was anything else
>out there. A lot of Delphi's features would go unused in our application.

Perhaps the following would be of interest, which I posted a week or two ago:

Fresh news on 32-Bit Pascal for DOS

I have recently tracked down the reclusive Richard Gogesch, who,
as Stony Brook Software, has for some years produced and sold Pascal+,
a 16-bit Pascal which (it is claimed) produces smaller and faster executables than
Turbo Pascal but which uses the same source code.

Gogesch writes:

We expect to ship a 32 bit pascal compiler compatible with the Borland
dialect by the end of March. (We have been shipping a 16 bit compiler
compatible with the Borland dialect since 1991.)

The development system includes a development system (sic):
a compiler, linker, object librarian, de{*word*81}s (DOS, DOSX, WIN32)
and a resource editor.

The development system requires Windows 95 or NT, but can target code for DOS (16-bit),
Windows (16-bit), Dos Extended (32-bit), and WIN32.

Pricing will be $495 US plus shipping and handling.

Stony Brook's Fax (in US):1 805 496 7429

PS from Mark Horridge: I have no connection with Stony Brook, nor experience
of their products.

Other Threads