Delphi RAD Pack questions

I'm considering purchasing the RAD pack, and I am wondering about the
VBXs included in the Visual Solutions pack.  Specifically, how good is
the word-processor VBX?  Does it support multiple fonts, graphics,
etc?

Thanks for any insight!

  James
          James N. Potts|  "You have to be a real stud hombre {*word*104}muffin
    ja...@cs.iastate.edu|   to handle Windows."
     jnpo...@iastate.edu|                    - Dave Barry

Re:Delphi RAD Pack questions

James N. Potts (ja...@cs.iastate.edu) wrote:
: I'm considering purchasing the RAD pack, and I am wondering about the
: VBXs included in the Visual Solutions pack.  Specifically, how good is
: the word-processor VBX?  Does it support multiple fonts, graphics,
: etc?

I got the RAD pack last week, and I'm currently working on an
app, where I use the WYSIWYG-control.

The controls is a watered down version of TX Text-Control.
TX Text Control is made by some company in Germany. They
have at least in almost every MSJ. The ad says that there
is a free demo available in Compuserve called TXDEMO.ZIP.
Should be in WINSDK-forum, secion Public Utilities. You
might want to check that out.

But a word of caution: The version that comes with VSP 1.1
is not the FULL TX Text Control. Some (COOL) features have
been omitted...:( E.g. you can insert pictures (InsertPicture-
method) in the full version bot not in VSP's version).

Well, it has the basic font-control (name, size, style...)
and paragraph-control (justification, indents, spacing...).

But a major bummer is the lack of graphics...:( I guess
Borland got a good licencing deal when omitting certaing
cool features from the control.

So, maybe one could consider the VSP-version of TXControl
as "crippled freeware", which is nice for testing and
getting the taste of it. But if you want really to make
a full editor, you'd have to buy the full control...

I haven't tried the other controls (e.g. FormulaONE spreadsheet)
so I don't know if they have also been stripped...:(

BTW: The On-Line help for TXControl lists all the features
     it has but there is only a subset available in VSP...

Peace,
      Petri
<><- Petri J. Riipinen   -  T:mi Digitronics <><-
<><- Rauhantie 3 C 19    -  28400 Ulvila     <><-
<><- Finland - +358-39-5389799 / 940-5476076 <><-
<><-             petr...@sik.ppoy.fi         <><-