com+ & message queues

Hi!

Yesterday I went to the Microsoft Technet meeting. There they talked
about com+ and Win2k, which has the message-queue-service. Here com+
objects are placed when the server is not available, and are sent when
possible. If the object can't be sent, it is placed in a queue with a
lower priority, and so on. Besides this, com+ does provide
transactions, without the need for MS Transaction Server.
Visual c++ 6 does support com+.
My question is, as a Delphi programmer who is new in Com/Corba, does
Delphi support com+, or are the same sort of services available for
Delphi Com/Corba objects?
Thanks for your answers.

Bart.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:com+ & message queues

Bart,

If you install win2k then Delphi supports the COM+ services (because
they're COM object libraries themselves).  And I'm fairly sure that
existing MTS components created in Delphi will work fine as transaction
capable components under COM+.

Andrew

In article <888bnf$1v...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

  bar...@my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi!

> Yesterday I went to the Microsoft Technet meeting. There they talked
> about com+ and Win2k, which has the message-queue-service. Here com+
> objects are placed when the server is not available, and are sent when
> possible. If the object can't be sent, it is placed in a queue with a
> lower priority, and so on. Besides this, com+ does provide
> transactions, without the need for MS Transaction Server.
> Visual c++ 6 does support com+.
> My question is, as a Delphi programmer who is new in Com/Corba, does
> Delphi support com+, or are the same sort of services available for
> Delphi Com/Corba objects?
> Thanks for your answers.

> Bart.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/