Help:!! internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran buffer (179))

Hi All,
       Has anyone ant information on the following error, i.e probable
cause etc.  Interbase version is 5.5.

internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran buffer
(179))

thanks in advance
Adrian

Re:Help:!! internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran buffer (179))

Firstly Update to 5.6 ASAP

make sure that All the clients access the Server database using the same
connection string! SERVER:PATH etc , Make sure nobody is mixing local SQL
access across a network i..e  \\SERVER\MYFILE.IB and d:\MYFILE.IB which are
the same file but mapped to a shared resource

Dont allow clients to Backup the Database file or any part of Interbase
(Exclude them from all automated backup routines) and only backup the
Interbase Backup file to tape

Even Reading from the Datbabase file can corrupt it if the Interbase server
process is still active.

(I hope IB will be given exclusive file access soon to prevent this)

Good luck.!

"Adrian Stokes" <adrian_sto...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi All,
>        Has anyone ant information on the following error, i.e probable
> cause etc.  Interbase version is 5.5.

> internal gds software consistency check (decompression overran buffer
> (179))

> thanks in advance
> Adrian

Other Threads