Replication of isc4.gdb for HA

Can anyone find fault with or suggest alternatives to what I'm proposing as
the following design approach.......

Our current project is one which will reside on a number of Interbase
servers at seperate sites. Pretty much all client applications are going to
be browser based (PHP and other stuff that is not in my field of expertise
at all). I have pretty much figured out the approach that I will use to
replicate data between the servers. However all user accounts must also be
available on each server to allow maximum availabilty. Is there anything
that will make it unfeasible for me to take exactly the same approach with
the isc4.gdb as I intend with the dataset to repliacte Interbase user
accounts between servers? Has anybody done this sort of thing before?

regards
neil

Re:Replication of isc4.gdb for HA

In article <3c6c7395$1_1@dnews>, n...@centralmanclc.com says...

> Can anyone find fault with or suggest alternatives to what I'm proposing as
> the following design approach.......

> Our current project is one which will reside on a number of Interbase
> servers at seperate sites. Pretty much all client applications are going to
> be browser based (PHP and other stuff that is not in my field of expertise
> at all). I have pretty much figured out the approach that I will use to
> replicate data between the servers. However all user accounts must also be
> available on each server to allow maximum availabilty. Is there anything
> that will make it unfeasible for me to take exactly the same approach with
> the isc4.gdb as I intend with the dataset to repliacte Interbase user
> accounts between servers? Has anybody done this sort of thing before?

        I haven't tried this, but directly manipulating isc4.gdb generally
works, so I don't see any problems.

        -Craig

     InterBase PLANalyzer (Free IB optimization tool):
          http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Other Threads