Repost (from delphi.rtl): VCL radio button focus handling Bug

"Markus Spoettl (toolsfactory)" <mar...@toolsfactory.com> wrote in message

> I just ran into what I consider a fatal bug in the VCL focus handling of
> Delphi 6 (I've not yet tested this with D7). I was wondering if (a)
> anybody else has experienced this too, and (b) if there is a workaround.

I'll leave you to test this.  The MouseUp gets sent to the focus control on
the form after the ShowMessage closes.  Verify this by setting focus to
RadioButton2 after it is set to checked (or add a third button for testing
and set focus to that).

--
Regards,
Chris Luck.

Re:Repost (from delphi.rtl): VCL radio button focus handling Bug

If it is of any help it "works" on delphi 5 too :)

> It has nothing to do with the mouse, it's a bug in the VCL focus
> handling that ultimately creates a Click() on the focused TRadioButton
> when it the hosting form gets the focus. It even occurs if you switch
> apps using ALT-TAB and switch back, as Dave Nottage found out (see his
> post in delphi.rtl).

Ah, now hold on a minute.  Is this a bug in your expectations?

> Radiobutton2 is checked
> note the focus doesn't change (which is ok)

Why is it ok?  ISTM that the focus and checked conditions are intimately
related and that the one should be were the other is.  Why do you want it
otherwise?

--
Regards,
Chris Luck.