Master/detail tables as one Dataset component

Hello all,

please help me anybody
who had some experience of work with TDatasetField.
Whether is it possible to fill table-type dataset
from master/detail tables at design-time ?

Best wishes,
A.Zubik

Re:Master/detail tables as one Dataset component

>who had some experience of work with TDatasetField.
>Whether is it possible to fill table-type dataset
>from master/detail tables at design-time

It is if you are using a TclientDataset where the Provider is linked to a master
dataset with a linked detail dataset.  There is no other way.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

On 13 Mar 2002 01:08:09 -0800, "A.Zubik" <zu...@profix.kiev.ua> wrote:

>please help me anybody
>who had some experience of work with TDatasetField.
>Whether is it possible to fill table-type dataset
>from master/detail tables at design-time ?

Yes it is quite possible, although the various examples and
documentation on doing so is quite confusing to read.

I am not new to TClientDataSet or the various plumbing required
to get a TClientDataset linked to a Provider which is plugged
into a query.  That didn't exactly help very much.

Ask a more specific question and I'll see if I can shed some
light having already made most (all?) of the mistakes.

Oz

Other Threads