Lots of Delxxx.DB, Delxxx.MB, _qsqxxx.DB

Hi there.

I wrote an application to manage inventory.
Besides the tables I am using in my database I see a lot of Delxxx.DB,
Delxxx.MD, _qsqxxx.DB the x are for numbers.

Every day a get more and more of these files.
Question:

How can I get rid  of these files or avoid this. I know that these have to
be temporary files that the engine creates. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Re:Lots of Delxxx.DB, Delxxx.MB, _qsqxxx.DB

These are files associated with cached updates.  If your dataset properly closes
they will be deleted, but if your app AV's or you use ctrl-F2 to kil your app,
they will not be cleaned up.  It is safe to delete these.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The bond that links your true family is not one of {*word*76}, but of respect and joy

Re:Lots of Delxxx.DB, Delxxx.MB, _qsqxxx.DB

>How can I get rid  of these files or avoid this. I know that these have to
>be temporary files that the engine creates. Correct me if I'm wrong.

use application.PrivateDir property to set a location for temporary files.
BDE seems to do a better job cleaning up these files with an explicit privateDir
setting.   This setting must be to a unique directory for each user.  Generally
you want to set it to a local drive.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com