Quick Reports Preview Print Problem

Hello all:

I'm trying to get my Quick Report preview page to work with Quick Report
2.0g and Delphi 3.

The report preview shows correctly on the screen and the report prints out
correctly when I call the print method from code, but the report prints
only the footer when I click on the print button on the preview page.

The whole thing worked OK in Delphi 2 with Quick Reports 1.??    I had to
"upgrade" it for QR 2.

I have a big title bar (half a page) with a couple of QRImages in it, a bmp
in one of the images and a windows metafile in the other.  Under that, I
have a detail band which I fill up with text using the OnNeedData event.
There is no connection to any database table, it's all in code.  Does
anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Also, how do I make the Save and Open buttons invisible on the preview
page?  I looked thorugh the 180+ page word file documentation several times
but did not find anything answering this question.  Why one would want to
print 180 pages 4.25 inches wide, as in the word doc user manual, is
another interesting question.  Measurement of the standard US toilet roll
(at least as featured in my house) shows that it is 4.5 inches wide.
Perhaps 4.25 inches show well on the screen.

Thanks for any help,

Brian

Re:Quick Reports Preview Print Problem

> Also, how do I make the Save and Open buttons invisible on the preview
> page?  I looked thorugh the 180+ page word file documentation several
times
> but did not find anything answering this question.  Why one would want to
> print 180 pages 4.25 inches wide, as in the word doc user manual, is
> another interesting question.  Measurement of the standard US toilet roll
> (at least as featured in my house) shows that it is 4.5 inches wide.
> Perhaps 4.25 inches show well on the screen.

Brian,

you need to create your own preview window to alter the type of controls
displayed:

create a _modeless_ form and place a qrpreview component on it. then tell
your reports to use that preview instead of the built-in...

Other Threads