How can I use Access with Delphi and BDE

Can anyone please give me some
info on how to use an Access database with
Delphi 2.0 / 3.0 C/S

It has to be easy to deploy to users which doesn't have
Delphi or Access.

Feel free to email :))

remove_nospam_...@grad.no

Re:How can I use Access with Delphi and BDE

Hi Dag!

>Can anyone please give me some
>info on how to use an Access database with
>Delphi 2.0 / 3.0 C/S

Using Delphi 2.0: ODBC
Using Delphi 3.0: Native driver (but Access Engine must be installed!)

>It has to be easy to deploy to users which doesn't have
>Delphi or Access.

forget it.

sorry for the bad news.
guenther

Re:How can I use Access with Delphi and BDE

Use ODBC manager in the control panel.
Give your database an alias.
In delphi: Create an TDatabase object
Select the alias you just created.

Now you can use it with TTable.

MDB

Dag ?verby <nospam_...@grad.no> wrote in article
<6cbfdk$6c...@news1.sol.no>...

> Can anyone please give me some
> info on how to use an Access database with
> Delphi 2.0 / 3.0 C/S

> It has to be easy to deploy to users which doesn't have
> Delphi or Access.

> Feel free to email :))

> remove_nospam_...@grad.no

Re:How can I use Access with Delphi and BDE

BDE 4.0 included with Delphi 3 supports Access databases, you still need
to distribute the MS Jet engine (I don't know if there is a royalty on
it but I would guess there is).

I would ask why Access instead of Paradox if your clients don't already
have Access?

Paradox tables are TRULY native to BDE, and definitely royalty free.

Just curious.

--

Roger
ro...@pathfindermail.com

Dag ?verby wrote:
> Can anyone please give me some
> info on how to use an Access database with
> Delphi 2.0 / 3.0 C/S

> It has to be easy to deploy to users which doesn't have
> Delphi or Access.

> Feel free to email :))

> remove_nospam_...@grad.no

Other Threads