Checking a check box without generating a click event

Last week someone asked about checking a radio button or check box without
generating a click event.  I had a look last night and found this bit of code
from the borland site, I haven't checked it yet (sorry for the pun!) to see if
it works for a check box, with suitable changes, but it may be handy to have a
look at.

procedure RadioNoClick(RadioButton: TRadioButton; CheckState: Boolean);
begin
  //Check a radio button without generating a click event
  RadioButton.Perform(BM_SETCHECK, Ord(CheckState), 0);
end;

Trevor Hand